There is an ongoing investigation to determine more about this outbreak. This is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be updated as it becomes available.Learn More
Agency Main Banner Content
Indiana COVID-19 Dashboard and Map
Contact Tracing: Answer the Call
Long-term Care Residents
Back to School Resources
Click on the topic to view the list of updates.
- Recent Public Updates
Vaccine Information and Planning (updated 11/19/21)
Click here if you are fully vaccinated and need a vaccination certificate.
- Executive Order 21-32 Further Continuation of Limited Provisions to Address the Impact and Spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Executive Order 21-31 Twenty-First Renewal of the Public Health Emergency Declaration for the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Vaccine News Bulletin (updated 12/01/21)
- Vaccine Booster Mix and Match Fact Sheet (English) (Español) (updated 12/01/21)
- Holiday Events & Gatherings
- Benefits of vaccination (English) (Spanish) (updated 11/19/21)
- Child Vaccination Fact Sheet (English) (Spanish) (updated 11/19/21)
- General Vaccine FAQs (updated 11/19/21)
- FDA Emergency Use Authorization for Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for recipients 12 years of age or older
- Pfizer Fact Sheet for recipients 12 years of age or older
- FDA Emergency Use Authorization for Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for recipients 5-11 years of age
- Pfizer Fact Sheet for recipients 5-11 years of age
- Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose (Español)
- Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Recipient Fact Sheet in additional languages
- Pfizer Vaccine Recipient Fact Sheet in additional languages
- Moderna Vaccine Recipient Fact Sheet in additional languages
- Recent Professional Updates
Click here to request a strike team visit for testing or infection control.
- Visitor Screening Tool (fully vaccinated) (English) (Spanish) (updated 12/01/21)
- COVID-19 Visitor Screening Form (English) (Spanish) (updated 12/01/21)
- Abbott technical brief on COVID-19 Variant and Testing (updated 12/01/21)
- COVID-19 Toolkit for LTCFs (updated 11/23/21)
- LTC Visitation Requirements Guidelines (updated 11/23/21)
- Long-term Care COVID-19 Clinical Guidance (updated 11/23/21)
- COVID-19 Infection Control Guidance in Long-term Care Facilities (updated 11/23/21)
- COVID-19 Regulatory Visitation and Activities Guidance for LTC (updated 11/23/21)
- After Vaccination Palm Card (English) (Spanish)
- Point of Care Test Reporting Guidance (updated 10/27/21)
Indiana's Novel Coronavirus Response
On March 6, 2020, the state Department of Health confirmed Indiana’s first case of COVID-19, a novel respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, China, in late 2019 that became a global pandemic.
On March 16, the Department of Health reported the first death in Indiana due to COVID-19. On May 18, Indiana confirmed its first case of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) associated with COVID-19.
The state Department of Health is working with federal and local partners, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to respond to this evolving public health situation.
Please consult this page for updated news and guidance on the COVID-19 pandemic. Updates will be made as new information becomes available. Click here for the most recent press releases related to COVID-19.
Contact your healthcare provider if you experience symptoms of COVID-19. Seek care immediately if you experience symptoms such as trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, or if your lips or face turn blue.
General questions from the public or healthcare provider inquiries about COVID-19 may be directed to the state Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center at the toll-free number: 877-826-0011 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday for public and healthcare providers).
The first vaccine doses arrived in Indiana on Dec. 14. For information about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit ourshot.in.gov.
- COVID-19 Resource Guide for Hoosiers Looking for Assistance (updated 9/02/20)
- Department of Workforce Development Resource Page (updated 3/16/2020)
- Statewide Standing Order for the Administration of Vaccines by Pharmacists and Pharmacist Interns (updated 11/04/21)
- Statewide Protocol for the Administration of Vaccines by Pharmacists (updated 11/04/21)
- Statewide Standing Order for the Administration of Vaccines by Other Providers (updated 11/04/21)
- Statewide Protocol for the Administration of Vaccines by Other Providers (updated 11/04/21)
- Commissioner's Order: Updated Requirements for Reporting COVID-19 Information to the Department of Health (updated 7/29/21)
- Commissioner's Order: Indiana Statewide Standing Order to Address the COVID-19 Outbreak (updated 01/05/21)
- Commissioner's Order: Concerning Relocation of LTC Facility Residents during the COVID-19 Outbreak (updates 4/14/20)
This site was last updated 12/01/2021 4:35 PM