Long-Term Care Resident Information: If you are having problems getting COVID-19 information about your loved one in a nursing or residential care facility, please email us your concerns here.
- Online complaint form for Long-term Care Division (updated 5/26/21)
- Visiting Loved Ones in a Nursing Home (updated 3/16/21)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet for Long-term Care Residents (updated 12/21/20)
- Resources for Individuals Living at Home (updated 11/06/20)
- Guidance for Personal Services in Long-term Care (updated 6/29/20)
- Essential Family Caregivers in Long-term Care Facilities (updated 7/27/21)
- Benefits of vaccination (English) (Spanish) (updated 8/12/21)
The virus that causes novel coronavirus (COVID-19) can cause outbreaks in nursing homes. Many of our residents are older adults and may have medical conditions putting them at a very high risk of becoming sick, or even severely ill, with COVID-19. Visitors and healthcare personnel (HCP) are the most likely sources of introduction of the virus that causes COVID-19 into a facility.
The Indiana State Department of Health follows guidance from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which includes restricting all visitation, except for certain compassionate care reasons, such as end-of-life. Due to the high risk of spread once COVID-19 enters a facility, we must continue these protections.
We would like to work together with you to protect our vulnerable Hoosiers. Below are some ideas on how residents and their families can keep in touch:
- TECHNOLOGY (such as Skype and FaceTime) for more frequent video chats, emails, text messages, and phone calls.
- CARDS AND LETTERS with messages of support and updates on family members.
- RECORDED VIDEO MESSAGES to share via email or text message, if live-video chatting is not feasible.
- “VISITS” through a glass window or a parade of cars.
- VISUALS TO EXPRESS CARE. For example, ribbons around trees or benches, planting flowers outside, or outdoor posters and banners to show support.
- CARE PACKAGES that could include items such as photographs, cards, drawings, snacks, and entertainment (such as books, magazines, and puzzles).
- DEDICATIONS on the in-house cable channel and intercom system.
This site was last updated 12/01/2021 4:35 PM